<$BlogRSDURL$>

Happenings during my almost two week absence 

<>woke up bleary eyed after 2 hours of sleep on thursday morning to rush in to uni to submit my industrial relations essay. first essay i’ve ever written that i had to struggle to reach the LOWER limit!!! after submitting it, off i went to the airport and back i flew to sg.

spent friday and saturday getting stuff prepared for family prayers at the temple. since the parental units keep on choosing the saturday just before my birthday to hold the prayers, people seem to think it’s my birthday prayers. actual reason is that it makes it convenient so that i can come back to sg and attend the prayers and celebrate my prayers. killing 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing.

birthday was last tuesday. visited 2 temples, because my darling grandma who was born exactly 50 years before me decided to arrange for prayers in my name, so i didn’t really have a choice. And since we’ve been having parties for me all this while we decided that this year, we’d celebrate my grandma’s birthday, which meant her choice of food… which was ananda bhavan (not my 1st choice for a birthday meal). luckily we took away, so that we didn’t look really weird cutting cake and all in a mcdonald’s setup kinda restaurant. had a lovely veg mango cake (veg in the sense that it doesn’t have eggs in it either).

wednesday and thursday were spent preparing for the prayers that my mom held at home. as usual, any prayers involving my grandma started typically late (8.40 pm), but luckily she held an abbreviated version, so we "ONLY" ended at 10. after the last guest left at past 11, the cousins helped clean the living area.. in return, we got the car, and we went a joyriding to changi village to check out the damn hot transexuals... some of them look better than most real things i've seen. then we checked out wat has been termed THE HOUSE. it's on walton rd off mountbatten rd. kinda close to katong shopping centre. something out of a bollywood movie it is.

saturday was spent packing and jumping on to the plane. luckily my dad knew the dad of the other guy who was also going to sydney, since we were both going on stand by basis. since his dad was a pilot, he upgraded his son to business class so that i could jump onto the plane, so here i am back again.

on a not so nice note, i lost my bag the weekend when my dad was down, and with it, i lost my flash drive on a train. and apparently stuff lost on trains takes 1 working week before they get deposited at the lost and found office. haven't been here, and since tomorrow is a holiday, shall check up on that on tuesday.

i must be getting absent minded since i left my aussie SIM card along with my housekeys bac home in sg. luckily my flatmates were in, so i wasn't locked out. am using a prepaid SIM until my dad can arrange to send over mine.