<$BlogRSDURL$>

waking up techniques 

i woke up at the same time today as i did yesterday, and i went bed at the same time today as i did yesterday (no typo there since i went to bed after midnight). the difference being that yesterday, i was yanked from deep sleep to the land of the awake extremely rudely by my alarm going off. however, today i woke up of my own accord... technically not of my own accord since my bladder woke me up :P so ya... i've come to the conclusion that in order to wake up before my body wishes to wake up, all i need to do is drink water. i'm thinking that there will be an inverse relationship between amount of water drunk and time spent in slumberland, but not sure if the relationship is linear or if some other archaic formula needs to be applied. further empirical research shall be performed. anyways i'm guessing this technique should work for most people as long as you aren't the bed-wetting type. does anyone else have any techniques that help ease them out of slumberland? techniques that leave you feeling grouchy after waking up, or totally disoriented are not needed.